BAND 2 - Director of Business & Finance Position Classification
Band 2 Union
N/A Work Options
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 4W6 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$74,300.00 - $105,000.04 annually Close Date
11/30/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Public Safety & Sol General Ministry Branch / Division
BC Corrections/Adult Custody Division Job Summary Bring your financial expertise and leadership skills to this Opportunity
BC Corrections plays a leading role in the criminal justice system by protecting the community through offender management and control. BC Corrections manages community work service and supports offenders to make positive changes in their behaviour and attitudes.
Adult Custody is one of four divisions of BC Corrections and is responsible for the care of approximately 2,300 male and female inmates. Adult Custody provides custodial supervision for adults sentenced to incarceration and those remanded to custody. It provides core programs and additional services which balance risks and needs; ensures linkage with Community Corrections based on common core programming and integrated case management; communicates with stakeholders and participates as a pro-active partner in the criminal justice system.
The Director of Business and Finance manages the cost-effective operation of a large institutional centre by organizing the correctional centre's business, financial and administrative affairs, assessing resource requirements, monitoring and forecasting resource utilization, recommending efficiencies and developing procedures for the purchase of goods and services. The Director may also provide a regional service by managing payroll, leave management, accounts payable and inmate trust functions for small centres.
The Director is responsible for planning, developing and coordinating the preparation of the centre's annual budget, and developing financial and FTE usage monitoring and reporting systems to ensure the financial performance of the institution is accurately reflected. The position provides leadership and expertise for the evaluation of financial impacts of changing organizational structures, and proposes options and solutions.Job Requirements:
- Adiploma in a business or financial related discipline plus three (3) years *related experience, OR
- An equivalent combination of education, *relatedexperience and/or training may be considered.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Excel with high proficiency at the intermediate level.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Experience in the coordination, delivery and maintenance of high-quality customer service.
*Related experience must include a combination of the following:
- Budget management including development, analysis, projections, forecasting and control.
- Financial management or administrative operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue, payroll and related systems, expenditure monitoring and control.
- Financial analysis and reporting; contract and/or procurement management or higher-level administration);
Preference may be given to those with:
- Five (5) years *related experience
- Experience in business case development/writing
- Project management training and/or experience including project costing
- Supervisory experience in a unionized work environment
For questions regarding this position, please contact Harbippan.Cheema@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Currently, there is one (1) position available in Port Coquitlam
This position has full time on-site requirements.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent opportunities.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.
This position is excluded from union membership.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES -
You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) andEnhanced Security Screening will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Finance, Leadership and Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance