BAND 1 - Evaluator - Closing Date Extended Position Classification
Band 1 Union
N/A Work Options
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$63,400.00 - $90,399.95 annually Close Date
11/30/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Teachers Act Special Account Ministry Branch / Division
Teacher Regulation Branch Job Summary Make a difference in this rewarding career opportunity
The Teacher Regulation Branch (TRB) is part of the Ministry of Education and Child Care and works within a legislative mandate (the Teachers Act) to ensure that educators in the K-12 school systems in BC meet and maintain standards of competence and conduct required to keep students safe and to foster public trust and confidence in the teaching profession. The Certification Unit processes approximately 5000 annual applications for certification, as well as practice fees and criminal record checks for over 70,000 certified teachers. Under delegation from the Director of Certification, the Certification Unit assesses applicants for certification, and issues, suspends and cancels teaching certificates.
The Evaluator reviews a caseload of domestic and international teacher certification applications; gathers and confirms missing or contradictory information from a variety of established sources; approves or denies applications within the parameters of legislation and regulations governing the teacher certification process; and communicates with applicants, certificate holders, employers, university faculty, and the public.Job Requirements:
Preference may be given to applicants who have:
- University Degree in a related field.
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation, regulations and/or policies. Preference may be given to applicants with two or more years of experience.
- Experience managing a case load with varying degrees of complexity. Preference may be given to applicants with two or more years of experience.
- Experience handling client inquiries with tact, diplomacy and sound judgement by telephone, email and in person. Preference may be given to applicants with two or more years of experience.
- Experience in national and international transcript and credential evaluation, and fraudulent documents detection.
- Experience within the Education sector.
- A valid BC Ministry of Education Professional Certificate of Qualification or have relevant teaching experience in the K-12 public or independent school system within the last ten years.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry (Note: It is important that you read the job posting carefully to understand the specific security screening requirements pertaining to the position).
For questions regarding this position, please contact Andrew.Crawford@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Amendment November 20, 2023: Posting closing date extended to November 30, 2023.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work from home a few days a week subject to an approved telework agreement.
This is a temporary opportunity until January 31, 2025.
Position is available in Vancouver.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.
This position is excluded from union membership.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive