Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
757 Ryan Rd, Courtenay, British Columbia, V9N 3R6
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we're here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We're looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
At the Real Canadian Superstore, we care about the health and wellbeing of our community. We are driven by a powerful customer value proposition -Feed Everyone. This commitment means customers can rely on us to more easily access life's necessities. We value providing our customers with outstanding freshness, great value and a broad assortment of products that will meet their needs, whatever their budget or tastes.
To achieve this, we welcome new colleagues and new ideas in a culture that's kind, supportive and inclusive. We encourage collaboration, and encourage everyone to be themselves, to trust each other and to make connections.
Are you looking to join a fun and supportive team, dedicated to providing the best service to our customers?
We're looking for talented colleagues who are passionate about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way! As a colleague in one of our stores, you will have an immediate impact on sales and customer satisfaction by:
• Providing exceptional customer service
• Ensuring accurate product scanning
• Executing company-directed promotions and programs
• Maintaining product displays
We offer great perks when you join our team. Colleagues enjoy:
• 10% Colleague Discount
• Benefit Plan eligibility including Dental, Prescription Drugs, Vision Care, Extended Health, Death Benefit and Sick Day Benefit and Union Pension Plan
• Regular wage increases per hours worked as per Collective Agreement with UFCW 401
• Flexible scheduling - days, evenings, nights, weekdays and weekends available
• Employee Share Ownership Program, Workperks colleague discounts, Refer a Friend bonus program, Employee Family Assistance Program
• Digital Orientation and Digital Training Program for all new hires
• Opportunity for advancement to Full Time and Management roles
Join a team that is committed to helping you grow your career and one that provides new opportunities. We offer a competitive compensation package and an inclusive workplace that thrives on our core values of Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence. We strive to make our workplace a more welcoming and inclusive place for people of different orientations, genders, ethnicities, ages, abilities, and skills. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Are you committed to providing Canadians with exceptional service, an incredible array of products and excellent quality? Apply today!
We thank all candidates for their interest.Why is this role important
Our Store Team Members
are inspired doers. They help provide a positive in-store shopping experience by ensuring the store is always ready with available products that meet customer needs to live life well. Our Clerks inspire our customers through delightful conversation and knowledge of products.What you'll do
Who you are
- Provide great customer service by ensuring the store shelves are stocked and by responding to customer needs
- Maintain and stock product displays and shelves that meet company standards
- Ensure accurate product scanning and identify inventory needs and assist with ordering
- Setup company-directed promotions and programs
- Keep department areas neat and ensure health and safety standards
Experience you bring
- A team player with an attention for detail
- Driven and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and courteous when resolving customer questions
- Motivated to learn new things
Good news! No previous experience is required. We provide you with training to set you up for success!What you bring
- Flexibility to work a variety hours which may include days, evenings, and weekends
- Able to move up to 50lbs and in constant mobility for an entire shift
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers & Canada's Top Employers for Young People.Employment Type:
Part timeType of Role:
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.