6-month contract AWS Engineer to own the realm of AWS within a growing SRE team with a global organization.
- 6-month contract AWS Engineer
- Opportunity to take ownership of AWS within a growing SRE team.
- Global organization with a great office located downtown Vancouver
What & Why:
As a result of major investment in cloud technologies, our client is looking to add an AWS Engineer to their team on a renewable contract basis. You will work closely with the engineering team and product owners to develop and implement new tools for the expansion of the eCommerce platform. You have experience developing and deploying in an Amazon Web Services environment and will use this knowledge build out the environment automation.
Our client is a global retail leader and a true Vancouver success story. They are known for their work life balance and encouragement of a healthy lifestyle. 2018 was one of their most successful years in their 20-year history which has led to them embarking on a number of large-scale global growth initiatives for 2019. They are located close to rapid transit downtown.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 3 or more years’ experience in a DevOps Engineer role
- Extensive experience: design, deploy and maintain Amazon Web Services environments
- Understanding of web technologies (HTTP, SSL, Headers, Cookies, TCP, caching).
- Use of internal and 3rd party APIs in development projects
- Linux-based container development with Docker and Kubernetes, with Jenkins
- Programming in Python
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Comp Sci or related
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology