Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer! What BCAA offers you:
BCAA's Information Services (IS) team is looking for a Regular Full-time AWS Cloud Architect to join their team!
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
The AWS Architect will come with 3 years AWS specific experience and 5 years application development experience. The candidate should have a strong background in API's, complex integration development and architecting n-tier applications. Need to have strong communication skills who can lead both technical and non-technical discussions.Responsibilities
- Design, implement and maintain all AWS infrastructure and services within a managed service environment.
- Design, Deploy and maintain enterprise class security, network and systems management applications within an AWS environment.
- Design and implement availability, scalability, and performance plans for the AWS managed service environment.
- Continual re-evaluation of existing stack and infrastructure to maintain optimal performance, availability, security and cost optimization.
- Implement process and quality improvements through task automation. Institute infrastructure as code, security automation and automation or routine maintenance tasks.
- Perform data migration from on premises environments into AWS
- Support the business development lifecycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing and Proposal Development)
- 7+ years of experience as a technical specialist
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience with AWS (AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, S3, VPC, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), and Amazon Simple Workflow Service (Amazon SWF)
- Strong knowledge of AWS SDK and development experience with one of the programming languages - Java, .Net
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with revision control source code repositories
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker, AWS EKS, ECS)
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, AWS EKS,AWS ECS etc.)
- Knowledge of data migration practices and technologies
- AWS Certified Associate level certification required
- AWS Certified Professional level certification preferred
Internal Applicants: Please note the internal posting will close on October 8, 2019 and this is a grade 15 salary range. After this date, the internal posting will remain open however you will be considered with external candidates.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance