IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking an Automation QA to join our client in Vancouver, B.C.
Why work with our client?
- Enterprise organization located in the heart of downtown
- Exciting opportunity for career advancement
- Opportunity to work in a hybrid environment
- Write and execute test plans, test cases and scripts to ensure quality coverage of all testing projects
- Conduct all types of testing for third party software and internally developed applications.
- Perform data validation, functionality and deployment process verification
- Install software packages to QA and Training environments, configure, set up and review functionality
- Develop and analyze SQL queries and reports to identify data discrepancies
- Collaborate with other testers, business analysts, project managers and developers to ensure proper testing of all applications
- Ensure continued integrity of existing production systems and new implementations
- Troubleshoot and propose resolutions
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors and configuration issues
- Ensure that newly implemented system features or enhancements meet user needs
- Manage and own assigned deployment items from inception to final production release
- Ensure that testing activities will achieve high quality software products, meet business requirements and system goals, fulfill end-user requirements and cross-browsing compatibility
- Participate in meetings, walkthrough and presentations of new features as well as changes to existing functionality
Top Skills Required
- 2 – 3 years software testing of web and mobile products
- Post-secondary degree in IT related area
- Financial industry experience is an asset
- Experience with Katalon and QTest a huge plus
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software QA best practices, methodologies and techniques encompassing the full build, test, and deploy cycle
- Strong computer skills and comfort level with technology and software release management
- Basic to intermediate SQL scripting skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft tools (VS, MTM and TFS)
- Working knowledge of bug tracking systems such as Jira, BR-Track, Bugzilla
- Knowledge of testing mobile native and web applications
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- IT/IQ has consistently been one of the top three vendor’s year over year since 2010
- We provide excellent access to key hiring managers, which other agencies may not have access to
- When hiring managers are reviewing resumes, they will review the resumes from the agencies that have previously proven themselves and can be trusted
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.