Position Title Athletics Events Assistant Posting Number 01093SA Location Various Douglas College Campuses/Satellite Campuses Grade or Pay Level See Salary Range Salary Range TBD Position Type Contract Employment Posting Type External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Contract Employment Start Date 07/05/2021 End Date 03/31/2022 Day of the Week Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Other - Some evenings, weekends and holidays Shift N/A Work Arrangements
Include details here.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Athletics Events Assistant will have proven experience in the delivery of intercollegiate game day and/or athletic events operations, coupled with an understanding of PACWEST , NWAC and/or CCAA leagues, policies and protocols. Knowledge of student-centered approach to enhance student engagement, enrich the student experience and develop student leadership to foster an inspiring college community and culture is expected.Responsibilities
The major responsibilities of this position are:
• Plan, coordinate and facilitate the delivery of Athletics related events, activities and game day operations;
• Develop processes to ensure proficient execution of events, activities and game day operations;
• Develop operational relationships with internal and external stakeholders to adhere to College SOPs, procedures, and protocols including municipal Facility Use policies;
• Deliver game day operations in accordance to the governing organizing sport bodies i.e. CCAA , PACWEST , NWAC , etc.;
• Liaise with the Athletics staff to organize and arrange promotional activities leading up to, during and following the event(s);
• Direct game day staff to ensure exceptional customer service and to foster a professional environment;
• Provide leadership and the ongoing development and improvement of students;
• Liaise with campus Security on documentation for any accidents, incidents, injuries or security related manners that occur during the event;
• Gather, communicate and generate reports of statistical information to the appropriate sources i.e. Royals website, PACWEST website, game sheets, etc.;
• Ensure a safe an environment, facilities and equipment for participants, spectators and staff;
• Monitor and report on event attendance, ticket sales, gate revenue;
• Generate weekly financial reporting, perform cash handling and reconcile cheque requisition in adherence to the College's SOPs.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Post-secondary education is an asset.
• Available to work during evenings, weekends, holidays on and off campus.
• A demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and inspire students aged 17-25.
• Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in a variety of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet development, web based CMS , social media applications i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
• Ability to attend meetings as requested.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate, organize and lead Athletics specific activities is an asset.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Access to a vehicle and class V BC Driver's License is required.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 04/26/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling this position. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/4632