Jim Pattison Auto Group is currently seeking an AST Red Seal Certified Technician to join our team at our Surrey Toyota location.
Working under the direction of the Service Manager we are looking for a skilled auto technician to maintain and repair vehicles. You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximum reliability and functionality.
An excellent auto technician has good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. They are well-versed in complex mechanical or electronical systems of vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities. They must also be good communicators to provide advice to customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
• Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
• Maintain a clean and safe work place area at all times
• Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
• Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
• Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
• Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
• Communicate effectively with Service Manager and Service team when vehicle regarding vehicle status and condition
• Additional duties as outlined by Management
• Proven experience as auto technician
• Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
• Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
• Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
• Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
• Excellent physical condition
• Valid certification (AST Red Seal)
• Desire to exceed customer expectations
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
• Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
• Applicant must be flexible with assuming day and evening shifts
• Ability to operate manual and automatic transmissions
• Valid Class 5 driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages
• The ability to grow within an expanding and progressive dealer group
• A healthy and safe work environment
Connect with employer:
About Jim Pattison Auto Group
When Jimmy Pattison opened his first new car dealership on Main Street in Vancouver in 1961 it was the start of a new era of tradition in the Automotive Industry in British Columbia. Built on custo...