Job Description Summary
Malachite Management Inc., part of the STEMCELL Group of Companies, provides association and conference management services to non-profit associations around the world. The Malachite team is passionate about success and knows that our company's most valuable asset is our team. If you are a driven and highly organized professional who is a team player and enjoys working in a dynamic work environment, we would love to hear from you!
The Association Coordinator provides administrative support to non-profit associations (Malachite's clients), including all of the following: membership development, website maintenance, communications (including social media), committee support, conferences and events.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Provide administrative support to the Association Executive or Project Manager and the rest of the client team
- Act as a point of contact for client members, board and committees
- Answer client phone lines and respond to inquiries via phone and email, and contribute to the creation, filing and maintenance of association content and data (documents and databases)
- Coordinate the composition and execution of marketing and promotional campaigns on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Provide administrative support on client meetings, activities (physical and virtual) and conferences (eg. speaker management, registration) and help to manage in-person events on-site as required
- Bachelor's degree (business, communications or science most helpful) or equivalent professional experience with 1-3 years of experience in administrative support
- Familiarization with Website content management systems.
- Interest or experience with nonprofit organizations and strong interpersonal and client service skills
- A passion for organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suites
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.