The Renewables Consulting Group (RCG)
is a specialized expert services firm dedicated to the global renewable energy sector. We are a firm of practical consultants known for our independent advice, technical expertise, industry foresight, and sleeves-rolled-up approach to projects.
From strategy to implementation, we serve businesses, governments, and non-profit organizations around the world with management consultancy, technical advisory, and economics services for both mainstream and emerging energy technologies. We work with the public sector, private equity and financial services firms, utilities and project developers, equipment manufacturers, and engineering and construction companies for on- and off-shore wind, solar, and energy-storage projects.
RCG has principal offices in London, New York, Vancouver, Glasgow, Barcelona, Taipei, and Tokyo. Purpose
We are in search of a suitable candidate to fill the position of Associate
to join our specialized expert services firm, focused solely on the global renewable energy industry. In this role you will work with the world's principal public and private sector organizations on a wide range of strategic and tactical project engagements.Roles and Responsibilities General
Key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Assessing renewable energy projects on behalf of lenders, investors and other project stakeholders, with a primary focus on solar PV, battery energy storage system (BESS) and wind projects.
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and other technical staff in the completion of due diligence assignments, under the direction and supervision of project managers.
- Attending client meetings and undertaking site visits within Canada, US and globally.
- Author and complete report sections within project deadlines, and scope requirements.
- Supporting the development of proposals to secure new work.
- Awareness of the requirements of technical due diligence on infrastructure projects.
- Experience in the development, construction and operation of renewable energy projects.
- Understanding of commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects, including project finance.
- Working knowledge of solar energy yield modelling software.
- Understanding of categorization and mitigation of risk.
- Ability to speak a second language (Spanish or Portuguese).
- Valid Canadian or USA driving license.
Who We Are:
- Educated to degree level in engineering or another science-based subject complementary to working in technical due diligence.
- 3 or more years of experience working in the clean energy consulting or development space.
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience (solar/BESS/wind energy analysis and due diligence) under project finance scopes of work.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects.
- Working knowledge of solar, BESS or wind technology and products
- Good communication skills (written, verbal, aural).
- Demonstrably strong report writing skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office365 products.
- A flexible and proactive approach to project delivery.
- Reliability and good organizational skills.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERMwelcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!