Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company's technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.Overview:
We are looking for a talented, creative and team orientated co-op student (Engineering or Computer Science) to join our Software Development team. Our team is responsible for the development of our PCoIP Cloud Access Software, which is used by many of the big names in the Media &Entertainment
industry, offering a secure, full-fidelity user experience ̶ delivering the ultimate in remote access performance. Our Cloud Access Software product spans Linux and Windows including kernel drivers and application software.
As part of an Agile development team, you will be responsible for the design, development and testing of software for all levels of the product. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in at least one of the following development layers: application development and/or kernel driver development (Windows and/or Linux).Responsibilities:
- Work within a Scrum team to design, implement, maintain and test application software and kernel drivers.
- Write high performance, secure, reliable and maintainable code with solid unit test coverage.
- Troubleshootissues in the lab, utilizingdebugging tools for application software and kernel drivers.
- Students enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Students who have completed at least 2 academic years.
- C++ software development experience
- Individuals who work well with others, think outside the box and see raising the bar as part of the daily routine.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Windows or Linux application development experience
- Experience with multithreaded high performance programming with in-depth knowledge of CPU architectures
- Working knowledge of data compression algorithms
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with hypervisor/kernel and device driver development (Linux and/or Windows)
- Hand on experience with test automation and scripting languages (e.g. Perl and/or Python)
- Experience with Agile development approaches such as Scrum
- Preference will be given to Co-op students currently enrolled in an Undergraduate program
- 4 month work term
- Start date:
- Full-time with possibility of extension and/or permanent career positions
- Please upload the latest copy of your unofficial transcript with your application
- Monthly social events & activities.
- Luxury shuttle service to and fromthe nearest SkyTrain station.
- Underground and secured bike "cage".
- Fully equipped (and recently renovated) onsite gym, and Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts. Or you can join our yoga classes.
Software and Programming Information Technology