The Renewables Consulting Group (RCG), an ERM Group Company
, is in search of an Associate - Renewables
to join our specialized expert services firm, focused solely on the global renewable energy industry. In this role you will work with the world's leading public and private sector organizations on a wide range of strategic and tactical project engagements.
The Associate - Renewables will support the delivery of independent and owner's engineer due diligence and technical advisory projects through their feasibility, pre-construction, construction and/or operational phases with a specific focus on solar photovoltaic (PV), as well as wind and battery energy storage system (BESS) projects. General
Key responsibilities for this role include the following:
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Assessing renewable energy projects on behalf of lenders, investors and other project stakeholders, with a primary focus on solar PV, battery energy storage system (BESS) and wind projects.
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and other technical staff in the completion of due diligence assignments, under the direction and supervision of project managers.
- Conducting detailed research and analysis on renewable energy related activities
- Undertaking data collection, spreadsheet creation/maintenance, and statistical and economic analysis
- Assessing technologies and analyzing technology and market trends
- Attending client meetings and undertaking site visits within Canada, US and globally.
- Author and complete report sections within project deadlines, and scope requirements.
- Supporting the development of proposals to secure new work.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM, renewables-related, finance, or business discipline. Master's degree an asset.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects, including project finance.
- Working knowledge of solar, BESS or wind technology and products.
- Awareness of the requirements of technical due diligence on infrastructure projects
- Good communication skills (written, verbal, aural).
- Demonstrably strong report writing skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office365 products.
- A flexible and proactive approach to project delivery.
- Reliability and good organizational skills.
- Willingness for occasional worldwide travel.
- Provision of a Cover Letter is highly preferred.
Who We Are:
- Frequent communication with co-workers and clients.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- High level of attention to detail, personal responsibility, and accountability.
- Flexible and responsive in managing multiple projects simultaneously, sometimes in high-pressure situations.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a wider international team.
- Travel by airplane, train, or car as necessary to perform duties at various locations, including office environments and sites under construction or operation.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERMwelcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!