Reporting to the Team Lead, Employee Records and Benefits, the Employee Records and Benefits Associate is responsible for administering all benefits programs, and collecting and interpreting employee information from managers/directors for new hires, terminations, job status/salary changes, and leaves. Enters relevant information into HRIS system and updates enrollment with Benefit Carriers as required. Liaises with employees, managers, HR, Recruitment, Payroll, Scheduling/Timekeeping to process, document and record employee data. Provides explanation and benefit interpretations to employees and/or stakeholders. Liaises with benefit carriers, other employers and governmental agencies, such as the Pension Corporation, regulatory bodies and professional associations to obtain information, clarify discrepancies, resolve problems and deal with employee concerns. Interprets and applies collective agreements and relevant policies.What you'll do:
What you bring:
- Process accurate bi-weekly employee records covering all documentation related to new hires, transfers, terminations, leaves, status/salary changes, seniority and other relevant information.
- Process accurate employee benefits information, including enrolments, terminations and status changes that reflect employees request and/or contractual and carrier requirements.
- Process database queries/audits to ensure accuracy of employee records and benefits. Identify audit discrepancies and provide quality improvement recommendations to the Team Lead.
- Respond to employee/manager enquiries related to records, benefits and leave entitlements, investigating/analyzing problems and making necessary adjustments by liaising with Payroll, Recruitment, HR and other employers or governmental agencies.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence to employees, including transfer, termination and leave letters, information related to benefit coverage, and self-pay benefit purchase.
What's in it for you:
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Diploma in Human Resources Management or a related discipline plus two to three (2 - 3) years recent related health care experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills and effective verbal and written communicate skills.
- Skilled in the use of computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and database programs (MS Word, Excel, Access and Visio) and PeopleSoft is required.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (November 30, 2021)Location:
1795 Willingdon Ave. Burnaby, BCClosing date:
Open until position is filledReference number:
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.