CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success
, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success
and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC Wealth Management is focused on providing excellence in relationship-based advice, service and product solutions that meet our clients' needs. We have a comprehensive offer that addresses the full spectrum of wealth building clients, from self-directed investors to high-net-worth private wealth individuals to institutional clients. CIBC Wealth Management consists of 4 major business lines in Canada and Atlantic Trust Private Wealth Management in the United States: CIBC Wood Gundy
is the full-service brokerage division of CIBC and has a broad network serving clients through 80 branches nationally. CIBC Asset Management
is comprised of our institutional money management, retail mutual fund and managed solutions businesses. CIBC Asset Management is one of Canada’s leading asset managers. CIBC Private Wealth Management
focuses exclusively on providing financial stewardship to Canada’s wealthiest individuals & families as well as private holding companies, trusts, estates, charitable foundations and First Nations. CIBC Investor’s Edge
is our self-directed brokerage platform. The business offers clients a full array of investment products and securities, research and tools, available through electronic channels (including online and automated telephone services) and through our customer contact centre. Atlantic Trust Private Wealth Management
provides integrated wealth management, investment advisory, investment management, investment counseling, trust, fiduciary, related asset management services, individual retirement account and other custodial services for high net worth individuals, their families, foundations and/or endowments.
The centralized, shared service groups are: Chief Administration Office
includes Wealth Management strategy and M&A, strategic initiatives and governance and program management office as well as compensation strategy. Wealth Advisory Services
delivers specialized high-net-worth advisory services (including financial planning strategy and support, wealth advisory, tax and estate planning, business transition planning), fee-based and managed account advisory program development and support, and client experience strategy across all Wealth Management business lines.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com
. Job Overview
As an Associate Investment Advisor, you will join CIBC Wood Gundy, and be engaged in all marketing and business development activities, which are designed to facilitate the accumulation of assets, by identifying, attracting and converting prospects into clients of the Team. What You’ll be Doing
• Develop investment plans and written proposals for prospects and clients. • Deploy assets into suitable financial products based on the client’s risk/reward tolerances and demographic profile. • Proactively service clients and address investment related questions. • Nurture relationships with existing clients that would promote the natural referral of associates, friends and family members. What We're Looking For
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin
- Should have excellent interpersonal skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work within a team dedicated to client service
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course and current Registered Representative status
- Familiarity with CIBC compliance policy, procedures and products a definite asset
- B. Comm. or equivalent business experience in the investment industry
What You Should Know
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase options, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role .
- This role operates within a fast paced and deadline driven office environment. Must be able to focus and calmly prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a fast paced, high-pressured work environment.