WSP is currently seeking a Engineer in Training (EIT) or recent P.Eng to join our Ground Engineering and Materials Team in Kelowna, BC on a full-time basis.
As an Associate Geotechnical Engineer, a day in the life involves time spent in the field, as well as working in the Kelowna, BC office on projects and assignments related to geotechnical engineering. You'll work closely with our tight-knit team, be mentored by industry experts, and work on various large-scale projects throughout BC and Yukon.Responsibilities:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Perform all aspects of geotechnical investigations for buildings, highways, bridges, dams, tunnels, retaining walls, slope stability, and municipal infrastructure;
- Coordinate and carry out field reviews of construction works and materials testing of geotechnical materials:
- Assist senior team members in preparing geotechnical studies, prepare proposals, cost estimates, and engineering reports;
- Conduct geotechnical engineering analysis;
- Work collaboratively with engineering staff on geotechnical consulting projects;
- A bachelor's degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Geological Engineering, or Civil Engineering with Geotechnical emphasis from an accredited university.
- Registered, or eligible to be registered, as a P.Eng. with EGBC.
- Prior experience in consulting geotechnical engineering is considered an asset.
- Openness to work away from the office and on project sites.
- Sense of initiative and be self-directed, with the ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and cooperate with a diverse, multidisciplinary team.
- Valid BC Driver's License
Expected Salary (all locations): $53 900 - $91 700
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.