Associate - Commercial Real Estate
Jan 28, 2020 Company:
Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union Location:
British Columbia (CA-BC), [[custlocation]] Job Type:
Full-Time Together, we help empower you to achieve what's important in your life. What's the job?
The Associate supports an assigned team of Relationship Managers in Commercial Real Estate with the preparation, execution and fulfillment of everyday banking products/solutions, including simple cash management products and the preparation of financial analysis and credit requests, including annual reviews of credit facilities. Focus of the role is to support deposit gathering, risk and general account management of the commercial portfolio. The position will be exposed to varying deal complexity and sophisticated portfolio of members where the incumbent will be a key contact to commercial members to ensure smooth delivery of our services. What you'll get to do:
Who are we looking for?
- Provide proactive, friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional customer service, identifying opportunities and initiating qualified referrals to others including Retail or Commercial business Lines to add value to the customer relationship. Take ownership of customer satisfaction by thoroughly identifying their needs, gathering information and handling any problems/issues tactfully and effectively
- Process customer's requests accurately and within specified timeframes, in accordance with Credit Union Policies & Procedures and applicable legislative/regulatory requirements, to effectively and efficiently support and sustain exemplary customer sales, service and non-credit fulfillment
- Prepare everyday banking (including account opening documentation), lending (non-security) and investment product documentation in a courteous and knowledgeable manner in accordance with established standards and legislative/regulatory requirements
- Provide service support for basic Cash Management products, referring to specialists in cash management as needed
- Assist in the preparation of credit applications, collection and assimilation of information necessary to make credit decisions. Conduct initial financial analysis before consulting with Relationship Managers to assess borrower, industry and facility risk.
- Generate monthly reporting requirements.
- Actively identify, record and advise RMs of any potential risk issues. Recommend workflow and administrative process alternatives to improve efficiencies and customer service. Assist in resolving audit and customer issues, ensuring irregularities are corrected, and provide timely, effective problem resolution, escalating issues as needed.
- Responsible for credit monitoring and compliance requirements which includes obtaining and analysis of financial statements, margin and other reports. Support pre-funding due diligence and security documentation completion and follow-up.
- Protect the Credit Union's assets by understanding the risks and take appropriate actions relating to business banking. Identify risk related to personal banking, including deposit, investment and lending products and regulations, Bank Policies & Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements and established guidelines, to maintain operational integrity.
- Prevent loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation; identify and support suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Provide administrative support to the department
- Actively collaborate with other business partners such as Syndications, GRM and branch contacts, to assist RMs in executing sales and referral opportunities, and in acquiring and retaining profitable commercial relationships.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business/Commerce, MBA or other relevant designation (i.e. accounting designation) would be an asset. Accreditation will be required internally/externally for future mobility.
- 4 - 6 Years of Experience in financial services including exposure to lending, commercial banking, portfolio management and business development.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Additional assets would be
- Fundamental knowledge of commercial products (credit and deposits)
- Basic knowledge of financial statements and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Basic knowledge of commercial credit (analysis, policies, security analysis and monitoring)
- Basic knowledge of retail credit analysis, policies, security and legal procedures
- Basic knowledge of deposit and cash management products
- Basic knowledge of various legal entity structures and contract law
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don't mean to toot our own horn, but...
- We improve Canadians' financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what's best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work, which includes wearing their jeans on Fridays & Saturdays and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- In 2017, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies - two of the nation's most coveted business ads, may we add.
Does this position inspire you? If so, apply today at Coast Capital Savings.