595 Burrard Street
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
Job Description Mandate The Associate assists the Director and the Managing Director in executing new transactions as well as portfolio management tasks for funds managed directly by BMOCP. Primary responsibilities include assisting in all aspects of preliminary assessment of investment opportunities, due diligence investigations and analysis, preparation of investment recommendations, legal documentation, disbursement of funds as well as day to day maintenance of files and financial monitoring of investments in BMOCP's subordinated /mezzanine debt and equity portfolio. Qualifications We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a commitment to excellence with extensive financial analysis and due diligence capabilities in a mid-market private equity context to join the Calgary based team of investment professionals. The following qualifications are a must:
- 2 to 4 years of related business experience (corporate finance, M&A, investment banking, private equity, project financing;
- Fluently spoken/written English;
- Excellent financial statement analysis and multi-year forecast modelling skills applied to transactional context; and sensitivity analysis;
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Excellent time management, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently on a number of concurrent transactions with limited direction;
- University Degree in business/accounting/finance;
- Ability to function in a multiple member deal team context, sharing skills and resources.
The following qualifications will be considered an asset:
- CA, CBV, MBA or CFA designation;
- Working knowledge of private equity investments and /or subordinated/ mezzanine debt in mid-market private companies for buy-outs, recapitalizations and expansion capital related transactions;
- Investment banking or corporate finance M&A related experience.
We're here to help
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing