WSP has a new opportunity for an Administrative Assistant
to join our Business Operations team in a temporary Full-Time position in our Victoria office. This role is critical to the efficient operation of our local team, and we are looking for a good fit in terms of both experience and personality. Once established, it is anticipated that there will be opportunities for the right candidate to expand their role beyond the basic duties described herein in a direction that matches their skills and interests.A day in the life...
General office duties that include but are not limited to:
- You will provide general office support to the Local Team that is important to the efficient operation of our business. In this role you will be a key supporter and encourager for our diverse group of professionals;
- You will contribute to the broader Business Support team in the region as needed;
- You will handle and assist with document formatting, distribution, and other administrative project responsibilities;
- You will act as the point of contact for internal and external clients;
- You will print, scan, E-File and physically archive documents as well as retrieve archived documents;
- You will perform basic data entry as required;
- You will assist in maintaining a neat and tidy work area that is welcoming to visitors and will welcome staff, visitors, and clients.
What you'll bring to WSP...Positive Team Player Attitude!
- Courier support - processing mail and general shipping/receiving;
- Liaise with IT on equipment issues;
- Liaise with Facilities on building maintenance issues;
- Creation of proposal records and converting proposals to projects. Creating and updating SharePoint sites;
- Provide backup word processing support to the office and Region as needed;
- Scanning and e-mailing invoices and statements to AP. Coding and/or redirecting invoices;
- Assistance with onboarding and offboarding;
- Update and maintain contact lists and email distribution lists;
- Travel and event coordination;
- Meeting coordination and minute taking;
- Health and Safety (e.g., first aid courses) training bookings for staff.
- 1-5 years (or more) of work experience in a professional service environment;
- Attention to detail and ownership of delegated tasks;
- Good communication skills (listening, verbal and written), friendly and pleasant manner, with an ability to maintain composure while under pressure;
- The ability to take directions and seek clarification as needed;
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities and communicate this to all involved in a manner that facilitates meeting deadlines as a team;
- Good problem-solving skills with the initiative and ability to identify alternative solutions;
- Established comfort level with technology;
- Proficiency in Office 365 including SharePoint, Word, Excel, and OneDrive is an asset;
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be flexible in changing circumstances;
- Excellent customer service skills to support both our external and internal clients;
- Maturity and flexibility;
- Valid Driver's license is an asset.
Expected Salary (all locations): $40,800 - $69,300
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians