Please note that the city advertised is not necessarily where you will be located. You must be able to re-locate to remote regions in Northern Canada, and must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The North West Company (NWC) is hiring an Assistant Store Manager who has high-level retail experience to assist in leading and developing a team. You must be an ambitious hands-on manager of a high-volume operation, and possess strong organizational and delegation skills.
The Benefits of Joining NWC:
- Opportunities for growth and development throughout the company;
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- Be part of a dynamic and diverse culture;
- Receive benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, bonus and profit sharing opportunities and the ability to bank what you earn and more; and
- We encourage employment opportunities for spouses.
- Assist in the development of plans to achieve financial goals and communicate these goals to the store team in all departments;
- Participate in ordering appropriate merchandise and tailor to the specific market needs to maximize sales’ opportunities;
- Respond accordingly and professionally to all customer inquiries or complaints;
- Assist in driving sales through promotional offerings, reaching sales targets and increasing profits;
- Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the store and take action as required to address issues;
- Assist in leading and controlling the goals and standards for the store;
- Provide store personnel with the necessary products and sales training to ensure customers have an excellent shopping experience;
- Act as a brand and product ambassador; and
- Assist with vendor coordination and budget administration.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience, preferably in a high-volume grocery/retail environment;
- Preferably a degree in retail, business, or a marketing-related field is an asset;
- You remain calm under pressure, in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in retail distribution, budget planning, merchandise displays, inventory control, cost control, and revenue generation;
- You effectively prioritize duties and pay close attention to detail, aiding your strength in overseeing stock control and receiving orders;
- You’re innovative, creative, commercial, and dynamic with high levels of enthusiasm to succeed, strengthening your ability to communicate at all levels;
- You drive a culture that empowers your colleagues to strive for excellence for their customers, and you know how to make changes quickly and effectively; and
- You’re a role model to your colleagues and community.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada,
Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Go North - apply today and use your confidence, pride, and passion to meet the needs of your community.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The North West Company welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Posted: November 22, 2017
Closes:January 21, 2018