Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
The Assistant Site Supervisor is based on site and assists the Site Supervisor in overseeing Paladin Service delivery for Primaris REIT. This position is primarily Wednesday to Friday 1300-2100, and Saturday, Sunday 0900 to 1700, with the ability to adjust from time to time to ensure site needs are met.
Customer Service and Public Relations skills are heavily emphasized as the Assistant Supervisor will be the main point of contact for security concerns when the Supervisor is not on site.
This position reports directly to the Site Supervisor and regularly oversees approximately 16 full time and part time officers, in addition to groups of additional officers for events and special coverages as needed.
The regular responsibilities include:
- Oversight and participation in site operations including but not limited to Protection of Life Safety on OPSC property, physical security of the mall and assets on the property, initial first aid response, parking enforcement, monitoring access control
- Documentation of activities and issues on or affecting Orchard Park
- Review and oversight of officer activities, for follow up and/or escalation
- Coach, mentor and guide officers in training and development, if needed assist the Supervisor in the disciplinary process with Paladin Management and Human Resources
- As needed investigate incidents or officer activities and make recommendations for follow up
- Assist in scheduling officers to ensure contractual commitments are met in the event of sick call ins and other book offs.
- Maintain and monitor operating procedures including guard tour and reporting use to ensure ongoing effective service delivery
- Oversee operation and condition of Client security systems such as CCTV systems, intrusion alarm systems, fire alarm system, ect
- Remain up to date and familiar with emergency response planning procedures to implement or as needed make recommendations for updates or improvements
YOU'RE A GREAT FIT IT YOU:
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years security experience, a valid security license, and are committed to learning more about the security industry.
- Proven ability to lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve.
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to function in a highly dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in computer usage. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience with Microsoft Office Suite and WinTeam.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid BC Security Licence
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
This job reports to the CSM
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1