UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD.Position
: Assistant Service Manager Status:
OpenRoad Toyota Port Moody Department:
We believe in doing good for our customers and for ourselves. Whether it's launching the most anticipated model of the year or purchasing a vehicle for your next adventure, great people and relationships are at every turn with OpenRoad.
We are proud of our forward-thinking culture developed over 40 years of continuous improvement initiatives. OpenRoad is one of the largest and fastest-growing automotive retail groups in the country (representing 20 automotive brands across 25 locations) with a shared vision to become the national automotive leader in customer experience. As one of Canada's Best Employers and Best Managed Companies, we are looking for team players who are excited to continually learn, work hard, and take ownership of their roles.
If you love the idea of joining an organization with unlimited possibilities to accelerate your career, then apply to OpenRoad and grow with us today!
A Career at OpenRoad Means You'll Enjoy:
- Opportunity to work with a variety of OEM BRANDS:Acura, Audi, BMW, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen
- Amazing Incentives including but not limited to Discounted Vehicle Purchasing Program, Computer Rebate Program, Employee Referral Program, Employer RRSP Matching
- Internal and External, Training & Development opportunities for skill development and growth
- Be part of collaborative, friendly, and progressive work culture with an emphasis on transparency, innovation, relationship, and empowerment
- Comprehensive Extended Health and Dental plan; tailored toward Associate wellness
- Recognition and Engagement Events!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate clear and detailed repair instructions for technicians.
- Provide estimate for labour costs and parts for customer.
- Communicate with department staff to determine status of jobs throughout the work day.
- Work with department staff and other associates to maintain and guarantee quality service.
- Motivate and train all service department staff.
- Provide technical assistance to associates as needed.
- Coordinate with manufacturer and/or extended warranty companies to obtain approval prior to repairs.
- Assign appropriate tasks to department staff in the absence of the Service Manager.
- Participate in the planning of department policies and objectives with the Service Manager.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with Federal, Provincial and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal.
- Must follow Company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
- OpenRoad reserves the right to modify this job description as business needs require.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment parts and accessories.
- Current knowledge of local sources of supply.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports using a computerized equipment maintenance system.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of shop cleanliness.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to work constructively with members from all departments within the dealership.
All potential hires must go through a criminal background check upon hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Maintenance and Technicians