Reporting to the Team Lead Employee Records and Benefits, the Records and Benefits Assistant is responsible for providing confidential administrative support to the Records and Benefits Team by supporting the Customer Service Centre, sorting mail/faxes, keying benefit and personal data changes, and maintaining personnel files/scanning. The Assistant prepares verification of employment letters, processes address changes and provides timely and knowledgeable customer service.What you'll do:
What you bring:
- Assist the Records and Benefits Team by maintaining/scanning files (active and terminated), and processing file requests from Lawyers, Human Resources and Labour Relations.
- Support the Customer Service Centre by responding to employee inquiries related to job data, benefit and leave entitlements in a timely manner. Log, triage, or escalate inquiries as required.
- Prepare new hire/transfer packages, mail out transfer and termination letters, process name/address changes, key benefit coverage in the HRIS system and liaise with benefit carriers and government agencies as required. Enter Service Quality Surveys results as required.
- Provide administrative support by preparing verification of employment letters, sorting mail/faxes, managing the procurement and stocking of supplies, and handling equipment and technology requests. Submit purchase orders and track expenses/invoices for the Team.
- Administer scheduling/timekeeping approvals for the Team Leads/Manager.
What's in it for you:
- Completion of a recognized administrative or Human Resource diploma and one year of experience in an administrative or Human Resource position, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Skilled in the use of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and database programs (MS Word, Excel, Access, and Visio) is required.
- Effectively utilizes both verbal and written communication skills when obtaining and providing information and communicating electronically, verbally and in written format.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (October 28, 2022)Location:
1795 Willingdon Ave. Burnaby, BCClosing date:
Open until position is filledReference number:
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.