Neighbourly Pharmacy is looking for a Assistant Pharmacy Manager to join our Gorge, Victoria location at Forbes IDA Pharmacy. Forbes IDA Pharmacy Gorge has been serving the community for several years. Forbes IDA Pharmacy Gorge has been built on the principle of fast, friendly, and knowledgeable service. It is a community pharmacy that works closely with its customers and their family physicians to ensure faster, better healthcare.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is Canada's largest and fastest-growing network of community pharmacies. With over 279 locations, our team of experienced industry leaders are passionate about providing exceptional patient care to our communities. We have been recently recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We know that our people are our most valuable asset, and we take pride in helping our employees realize their career goals.
The Assistant Pharmacy Manager is responsible for dispensing prescribed medications and offering consumers and healthcare professionals consulting and advisory services. They must ensure that prescriptions are filled with the correct dosage, dispense medications to clients, and inform them of side effects, drug interactions, and dosages.
- Assist the pharmacy manager oversee the day-to-day activities of the pharmacy.
- Assist in processing new and renew prescriptions for patients.
- Develop pharmacy policies and processes in coordination with the manager.
- Prepare, package & label drugs in accordance with the patient's prescriptions.\Order & stock pharmacy supplies.
- Keep the inventory up to pharmaceutical standards.
- Help technicians and interns with their job responsibilities.
- Inform patients about the proper administration and dosing of medication.
- Keep the medication neat and orderly.
- In the absence of the pharmacy manager, manage the operations of the pharmacy.
- Participate in the budget creation and spending monitoring processes.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Licensed and in good standing with College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a retail Pharmacist (preferred)
- Certificate of Injection for Drug Administration
- OAT certification
- Experience in Kroll
- Experience working in a retail environment
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
What we Offer:
Neighbourly is proud to offer you employee stock ownership plan, RRSP matching, competitive compensation and much more!
Neighbourly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to deliver accessibility and equality to all job applicants, staff and our customers. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired
#78 - WestJet - Adapting to Trends in Technology