Date Posted: February 13, 2020
Who we are...
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 109 year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of $54 million dollars and generates revenue through three activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 750,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organizations core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to "Deliver Memorable Experiences" for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees or the community.
The Games Department helps put the PLAY in Playland. We operate 19 carnival games during the Park Season and up to 28 games during the PNE Fair. The Assistant Manager, Merchandise Games, will report to the Manager of Merchandise Games and will be responsible for Merchandise Games & Warehouse Operations within Playland. This individual will be supervising our Carnival Game Sales Team. They will be responsible for inventory control, coordinating our frontline Game Operations and collaborating in the planning, execution and turn-over of Playland Seasonal events. The ideal candidate enjoys a mix of administrative and operational duties. We are looking for someone who is proactive, positive, organized and thrives in a high-energy, fast paced environment.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work environment
- Health and wellness employee events - put your hiking boots on, or enjoy an evening out with your favorite colleagues
- Opportunity for free or discounted tickets to shows, events, sports games, and much more
- Staff discounts for Playland, The Fair, and Fright Nights, as well as all PNE Food Stands
- On-site fitness center
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to create lasting memories and friendships!
What will you do this year?
In your role as an Assistant Manager, Merchandise Games , your primary accountabilities will be to:
- Lead, motivate, coach, train and schedule a highly energetic sales team
- Collaborate in the planning, development and execution of both staff and event programming
- Develop, modify and maintain carnival games and displays with the purpose of generating revenue and maximizing profits
- Contribute to a guest-centric culture through the delivery of memorable experiences in carnival games
- Determine and control cash floats, ensure adherence to established cash handling procedures, identify shortages and take corrective action as needed
- Track monitor revenues, labour and merchandise expenses
- Plan and execute the set-up and take down of Playland Seasonal Events, as it relates to the Games Department
- Oversee the recruitment, orientations and training of new employees on a as needed basis
- Perform other related duties as required
- Must have successfully completed grade 12
- Must have a valid class 5 drivers license
- Must have a good understanding of sales techniques
- Must be available to work varying shifts including late nights, weekends and evenings
- Strong leadership, coaching and motivational skills
- Proven ability to problem-solve, work with strict deadlines and work independently
- Previous cash handling experience is preferred
- Previous experience in event planning an asset
- Previous sales experience an asset
- Successful candidates must undergo a criminal record check
Who are you?
- Out-going & Enthusiastic
- Skillful communicator
- Detail-oriented and logical
- Strong leader
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.
Preference will be given to candidates who submit their resume/cover letter before Monday March 31, 2020 . We look forward to hearing from you!
About Pacific National Exhibition
No single location in Vancouver captures the spirit and history of this city, its people and its many achievements as the Pacific National Exhibition. Since 1910, millions of guests have enjoyed sh...Read More