Established in 2007, head quartered in Hong Kong, New B Innovation Canada (NBI) is committed to providing innovative products to fulfill medical needs following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in all facilities including China, New Zealand and Vancouver, Canada.
New B Innovation (NBI) is a dedicated player in the global biotechnology market with a vision of “advancing life sciences & health care”. Using the latest technologies and innovative approaches to deliver health care products.
We are currently searching for an Assistant Manager, Logistics to join our team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, and liaising with Hong Kong team, the incumbent will perform a variety of logistics and supply chain related functions, and will be responsible for supporting day-to-day operations with continuous development of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create policies, SOPs or other procedures for logistics and warehouse activities and ensure all works are in compliance with GMP guidelines.
- Attend department meetings and inter-company trainings and meetings as required
- Provide inter and intra-department training.
- Plan and implement material flow and inventory management systems to meet production requirements.
- Coordinate and control the order cycle.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Ensure detail traceability of products, materials and services are recorded and all information are backed up accordingly and in timely manner.
- Ensure labelling of products meets the international and national requirements for the specific purpose and such information is coherent on all documentations submitted to broker and courier.
- Recommend optimal, cost-effective and efficient transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of quality and supply of goods and services in emergency scenarios including but not limited to: shortage of staff, outage, and regulatory inspections.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as inter-company transfer, local and international transportation or warehouse activities (including but not limited to scheduling, receiving, shipping, storing, assembling, counting, classifying, packaging, labelling), safety performance, and logistics quality management.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues to eliminate gaps or interruptions resulting in delays
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers or other related personnel
- Ensure safety of premises and safety procedures are communicated to all staff members.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, and training and safety records.
- Design models and performance measurement systems for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities (if needed), such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
- Performs other related duties as per the Manager of Finance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5-8 years’ experience in logistics management to include domestic and international experience.
- Extensive overall logistics management experience with specific experience working in bio-technology / pharmaceutical and GMP environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in logistics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in using warehouse management software (e.g. SAP) is required.
- Excellent writing, communications and quantitative skills.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact collaboratively with all levels in the organization.
- Good at organization and time management skills.
- Able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Efficiency with the ability to be innovative and provide creative solutions.
- Strong business acumen and pride in ownership of quality work.
- Available to resolve urgent issues after hours as necessary.
Why Join NBI?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognizes people for their contributions, and comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today:
We sincerely thank you in advance for your interest and application; however, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.