CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes
, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com
. Job Overview
As CIBC continues to build a more modern, convenient and client focused bank, the Assistant Manager, Client Experience within Retail Distribution works to inspire a team of Customer Service Representatives (CSR), Branch Ambassador (BA) and Branch Support Representatives (BSR) to deliver a superior client experience. You and the team will focus on meeting clients by fostering teamwork and partnership in a client centric environment. The emphasis is on meeting clients’ financial needs and ensuring that every client is served by the individual best suited to meet their financial goals.
• Migrating Banking Centre based transactions to self-service channels to help clients better meet their transaction needs • Acting as a steward of good business practices, and of the Bank’s assets and reputation in the community • Supporting the Manager with completing day-to-day risk management and operational activities What You’ll Be Doing Client Experience and Satisfaction
• Improve the overall client experience by role modeling how to deepen client relationships, meet clients financial and transaction needs and provide a high standard of customer service • Working with the Banking Centre leadership team, ensure that plans are in place daily to actively manage the client experience throughout their time at the banking centre • Ensure team members quickly resolve complaints, and escalate where necessary • Be visible and available to help clients, particularly during high traffic periods • Respond to clients, quickly and efficiently, no matter how they choose to interact with the Bank Service Leadership
• Together with the Manager, build a culture of collaboration across multiple client offers (One CIBC) so that clients are served by those best able to meet their financial goals • Coach a successful service team to recognize and act on quality referral opportunities. Provide feedback on the success of quality referrals to continuously improve the client and employee experience Relationship Management
• Manage relationships with other areas of the Bank who provide support services to the Banking Centre to ensure effective and efficient operation People Management
• Actively recognize the contributions of the team and others to foster a positive, collaborative and productive working environment • Work with the Banking Centre Leader to help create future opportunities for employees by providing development opportunities • Partner with the Banking Centre Leader during the Mid-Year and Year-End performance process to provide feedback on employee performance • In collaboration with the Banking Centre leadership team, constantly recruit potential employees by sharing the CIBC "story" with those who share and demonstrate our values in the community Governance and Controls
• Protect our Bank, our team members, our clients and our shareholders by managing and minimizing the bank’s exposure to risk by ensuring compliance with regulatory activities and guidelines What We’re Looking for
What CIBC Can Offer you
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or Canadian Investment Funds Certificate (CIFC) is an asset but is not required for the role
- Completion of the Branch Managers’ Course (BMC) or Branch Compliance Office Course (BCO) is an asset but is not required for the role
- Compliance knowledge to manage credit, operational and regulatory risk
What You Need to Know
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends (Saturdays & Sundays)
- Occasional travel will be required
- This role operates within normal office conditions
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role