We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
You will assist Investment Advisors in managing existing investment portfolios and developing new business, by providing service directly to clients, including the provision of investment information, taking buy/ sell orders, and responding to account enquiries. This role operates with considerable independence to identify priorities and to meet business/and or client needs. Maintaining an understanding of the different business needs and challenges and, where there is significant change on-going in a fast-paced and highly competitive business environment. You will have the ability to influence groups or individuals over which one does not have direct authority. You will stay current with evolving needs and strategies.How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Supporting the Investment Advisors- Be fully engaged with Investment Advisor/s and act as a partner in the business through regular communications and collaboration with the IA/s. Support IA/s in achieving business plan/s to meet goals. Accurately complete all necessary documentation, meeting all regulatory and compliance requirements and ensuring proper disclosure of terms and fees. Share best practices, information and expertise with colleagues; acts as a resource and shows an interest in overall team performance. This job has the authority to liaise with the appropriate internal and external contacts in order to support the Investment Advisor and obtain specified client information for completion of transactions.
- Client Management- Deploy assets into suitable financial products based on the client's risk/reward tolerances and demographic profile as determined by the IA. For Investment Advisor Assistants with RR licensing, advise clients of investment opportunities based on recommendations from IA/s and Wood Gundy research reports. Proactively provide exceptional client service by demonstrating professionalism, commitment to service and following up every client interaction. Nurture relationships with existing clients that would promote the natural referral of associates, friends and family members. Maintain client privacy by handling all client transactions and materials according to guidelines and procedures. Identify opportunities and proactively refer them to the advisor. Understand CIBC's vision, values and mission and how they contribute to CIBC being the leader in client relationships.
- Business Development - Engage in all marketing and business development activities, which are designed to facilitate the accumulation of assets, by identifying, attracting and converting prospects into clients of the Team. Assist in the development of investment plans and written proposals for prospects and clients.
What CIBC offers
- You have experience in the industry. You must have financial services and/or Brokerage industry experience and knowledge. You can demonstrate technical skills in Microsoft Office Applications including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as various other office equipment. Familiarity with CIBC compliance policy, procedures and products a definite asset.
- You have a degree or diploma in. You have a university degree within a related field/Industry related designation and/or relevant experience.
- You're a certified professional. Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) & Conduct & Practice Handbook (CPH). Investment Representative (IR) licensing a minimum requirement and Registered Representative (RR) licensing preferred. Professional Financial Planning Course (PFPC) or Wealth Management Essentials (WME) is an asset.
- You can demonstrate skills in. Strong initiative and self-managing skills to be able to work independently and to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, professionalism, and discretion. You have great organizational skills and attention to detail. You are flexible in order to function in a continuously demanding and dynamic environment. You are resourceful and creative in order to act on demand and resolve problems. You are a great communicator with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You put our clients first. You have strong relationship building skills and can problem solve client needs efficiently and effectively. You have superior client service and interpersonal skills. An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work within a team dedicated to client service excellence.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work, and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
What you need to know
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Vancouver-1285 W.Pender,Ste400 Employment Type