Oversee and co-ordinate day-to-day aspects of the First Transit Operation. Plan, organize and co-ordinate the branch's daily operations in order to achieve the highest standard of customer service and employee satisfaction. Work closely with the Location Manager and staff to ensure superior level of service is delivered to both internal and external customers. Provide effective coaching to employees and assist in their personal development.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily branch operations. Assist in supervising drivers, office personnel and maintenance personnel with regard to operating procedures.
- Promote the highest standard of quality service to employees through teaching, coaching, training, counseling and leading by personal example
- Liaise with BC Transit.
- Assist General Manager in implementing new company programs or policies, with the aim of ensuring buy-in and an effective change process for employees.
- Provide input and assists General Manager on manpower, developmental and training issues, assist Safety and Training supervisor with the Health & Safety Committee/labor Management Committee.
- Supervise and assist dispatch to ensure routes run on schedule and driver concerns and problems are resolved Coordinate and monitor specific daily route management needs.
- Accident investigation, including all related reports.
- Supervises and completes additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in management or transportation or relevant years of transportation experience will be considered
- Class 2 Drivers License is required (or must be willing to obtain)
- A minimum of 5 years of public transportation experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Must have knowledge of transit operations, maintenance, and administration.
- Must have knowledge of Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA) requirements and guidelines.
- Must have experience and knowledge working in a unionized environment.
- Must be prepared to work all hours and days of the week.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Planning and organizing - utilising human capital and other resources in the most effective ways enables the company to make money
- Collaboration - assistant general managers are part of a team and must work seamlessly with a variety of other employees
- Coaching - finding ways to motivate others and improve their skills is essential
- Multitasking - the duties assistant general managers take on will often be managed simultaneously throughout a shift, which means they must be able to prioritise tasks
- Computer literacy - being comfortable using a computer for basic office tasks such as writing memos and sending emails is expected
- Vision - looking beyond day-to-day tasks to think of ways the company could improve and increase revenue shows commitment to the employer and its objectives
Branch / office environment. Travel to customers / prospects.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know
Management and Executive Operations and Logistics