Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements SCOPE:
The Area Security Lead (ASL) is responsible for overseeing security operations within a Healthcare Portfolio. This includes developing and maintaining security policy and procedures, developing, and coordinating implementation strategies to support the program, evaluating the capacity of Paladin employees and client staff to respond effectively to security and fire safety emergencies, mentoring and coaching security staff, and working closely with key stakeholders within the Health Authority.TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Acts as the primary representative for Paladin Security within assigned portfolio, including but not limited to, directly liaising and working closely with Health Authority administration, management and other key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Assists in developing, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating an overall security program within the portfolio, including Post Orders, Policy & Procedure Manuals, and OH&S programs.
• Directly responsible for managing the security team within assigned portfolio, overseeing the selection, scheduling, training, coaching, mentoring and overall support for Site Managers, Site Supervisors, Shift Supervisors and Security Officers.
• Assists in developing, implementing, and maintaining security plans and elevated risk department evaluations.
• Conducts risk assessments and provide recommendations for security and safety improvements.
• Ensures site-based contractual obligations are fulfilled, including but not limited to, fulfilling all staffing requirements with a 100% shift fill rate, and overseeing a program of monthly inspection of fire extinguishers, testing of panic duress alarms, and education tracking.
• Promotes awareness of security and fire safety to Health Authority staff by developing, delivering and supporting informational and educational programs, and participates in the review of evaluation of these programs.
• Assists in preparation and management of the budget for assigned portfolio and responsible for managing margins.
• Serves as a contact with police and other authorities for security-related matters and may consult on behalf of Paladin by attending meetings and serving on committees and working groups.
• Provides after-hours support for Security Operations within the portfolio, including providing emergency response to sites.
• Performs other duties as required.QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience
Successful applicant should have a minimum of 3 years security experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity, or a combination of experience and relevant education (preferably in a healthcare environment). Applicants must also have a valid BC Driver's License and a vehicle that will be used for work purposes. A diploma in Security Management, Criminology, Health Care Administration, or related discipline would be considered an asset. Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on fire safety, building codes, security, and protection of privacy would also be an asset.
The successful applicant must have or be willing to become an active member with the International Association of Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) and must have or be willing to work towards obtaining their Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) designation. Skills and Abilities
• Lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve.
• Proven ability to effectively supervise / manage people.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Effective communication, both in writing and verbally, including delivering presentations to groups.
• Function effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
• Maintenance of professionalism in all situations.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Education Requirements (Any)
Previous managerial/supervisory experience
Certificate, Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health and Safety (or related) field
Certification Requirements (All)
3 years Healthcare Security experience
Valid Class 5 License
Valid Security Licence
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Branch Head
This is a Full-Time
position Monday - Friday 9am-5pm and On-Call
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security