Arboriculture or Forestry Products Retail Store Manager: Harvey 2456
We are a company that distributes products to the Forestry and Arborist Industries, and we are currently looking for a Arboriculture or Forestry Products, Retail Store Manager
Under the supervision of the National Sales Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the Company’s retail store front in British Columbia by delivering first class customer service to customers’ in-store.
The incumbent also has duties relating to administration, merchandising, stock filling and the picking and packing of customer orders.
Internally: Territory Manager, and Purchaser
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of education, knowledge, skills and/or abilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role in retail sales/customer service.
- Basic keyboarding skills.
- Working knowledge of office equipment; computer, calculator, printer/photocopier, scanner, etc.
- Previous experience using CRM systems is desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written English) skills
- Excellent administrative and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrates problem solving and analytical skills; addresses customer inquiries/requests promptly.
- Excellent customer service skills when facing customers in store.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in demonstrating flexibility, adaptability, and initiative to assist in other areas when requested or required.
- Ability to work independently as well as cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent data and all company related matters.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer Service Duties
- Assists customers while in-store by helping them with their needs/inquiries.
- Provides product suggestions to customers based on their needs if help is required.
- Takes payment and processes sales at the front desk.
- Provides high standard of tailored customer service that customers at UFS expect to receive.
- Attends weekly Sales meetings.
Administrative and General Duties
- Opens the Store at the start of the working day and prepares the Store for daily business operations, i.e placing advertisement sign at the front of the Store; turning on lights, setting up Store etc.
- Ensures that stock is replenished on shelves.
- Merchandises products in orderly fashion to make customers’ in-store experience smooth and encourage sales.
- Receives orders from Head Office and ensures they are picked and packed with appropriate containers and shipping labels.
- Notifies the Purchaser of orders received by checking purchase orders for impending deliveries.
- Performs housekeeping duties, such as cleaning the store front.
- Performs any other administrative duties, as assigned or required by National Sales Manager.
Responsibility for Health and Safety
- Completes required Health and Safety training on-time.
- Complies with all the requirements in the Health and Safety Program and the legal responsibilities under the British Columbia Workers Compensation Act and associated Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.
Responsibility for Decision Making:
- Responsible for day-to-day job-related decisions.
- Responsible for problem solving when responding to internal/external inquiries/requests. Seeks assistance where required.
- Required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Required to walk between store front and warehousing area frequently throughout the day.
- Lifting/Bending: Required to lift and carry heavy objects during picking/packing for 15 to 20 hours a week.
- Manual dexterity is required to operation telephone and computer systems.
- Uses active listening skills for communicating with customers and staff.
- Concentrates on the accuracy of orders picked and ensures the correct packaging/shipping details for delivery.
- Works in climate-controlled retail store environment
- Required to work in hot and cold conditions frequently while performing duties in the warehouse
- High School Diploma or Post-Secondary Diploma in a related field.
- Arboriculture or Forestry Education is an Asset
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package after 3 months
Customer Service and Support