Apprenticeship Programs Advisor
A unique opportunity to be a part of change. Kal Tire is looking for a talented individual to join their learning and development team as The Apprenticeship Programs Advisor. The person is responsible for supporting Kal Tire's apprenticeship programs, ensuring a seamless experience for organizational stakeholders, including Team Members and Store Leadership. The Apprenticeship Programs Advisor is a relationship builder who provides guidance and advising to stakeholders across the organization, within the HR Shared Services team, and with external partners to support Kal Tire's business and people development goals.Responsibilities
• Advises the business regarding appropriate provincial/industry technical training requirements and options, including the Tire, Brake and Alignment (TBA) Program, provincial programs, etc.
• Provides guidance and support to the business to ensure Team Members are appropriately registered through the relevant provincial apprenticeship body and/or school.
• Collaborates with the Training Coordinator to ensure Team Members are registered in the relevant education program/session.
• Supports various members of the organization to ensure accurate accounting and budgeting for apprenticeship programs
• Proactively addresses and resolves issues/challenges impacting a Team Member's ability to fully participate in the apprenticeship programs (e.g., job codes, EI eligibility, housing, etc.), including leading the collaboration efforts of the HR Shared Services Team (Training Coordinator, HR Coordinator, HR Advisor, and/or Corporate Training - Mechanical)
.• Maintains program information, resources, and SharePoint sites, ensuring relevant program content and/or provincial apprenticeship legislation/requirements are up-to-date and easily accessible by the business.
• Communicates proactively with the business to ensure Store Leadership is aware of training program options, requirements, timelines, responsibilities, etc. This includes multiple communication channels such as information/resources on SharePoint sites or emails, presentations, in person or virtual meetings, etc.
• Researches and manages relevant training funding application options to support apprenticeship programming across provinces.
• Supports the collection and reporting of relevant program data to provide insights into the effectiveness of programming and initiatives. Recommends and implements changes for continuous improvements to process, tools, resources and user experience.
• Provides guidance to the business on provincial/industry apprenticeship bodies and legislation requirements, including industry committee membership.
• Takes personal ownership of engagement and performance development. Engages in continuous learning, self-awareness, reflection; able to take feedback to mine for insights for improvement - content, delivery, and self.
• Actively supports and participates in a culture of development and accountability for all team members that aligns with and supports the Kal Tire AIMS.Work Experience
• 2+ years of experience as a HR coordinator or in Jr. HR advisor role in a medium to large, complex organization.
• 3+ years of experience in program managementKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Working knowledge of provincial apprenticeship requirements and agencies. Willing to expand understanding across Canada.
• Strong problem-solving skills, with ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Proven ability to build trust and relationships within HR Shared Services Team and Business Stakeholders at all levels of the organization through interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience with federal/provincial training funding and/or grant programs an asset.
• Solid computer skills - Office 365 tools (SharePoint, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Excel) and Virtual Meeting room programs (MS Teams, etc.).
• Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality; uses diplomacy, discretion, and judgment in giving out information. Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion.
• Bilingual (French) - an asset.Education
• Post-secondary education and/or trades certification or equivalent combination of education and experience.Special Requirements
• Travel up to 20% of the time (local and across Canada)
• Preference for role to be in Vernon, BC
• Hybrid work schedule (2-3 days/week in office)About Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.