We are currently seeking an Apprentice Truck & Transport Technician for our Fort St John location.
The Apprentice Truck & Transport Technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining diesel engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory specifications under the supervision of a qualified Truck & Transport Technician, while also fulfilling the education and training requirements of the apprenticeship.
- Computer skills and experience preferred
- Must be willing to attend Apprenticeship Training (travel may be required) each year while working towards the Technician Certificate.
- Working towards Licensed Technician certification.
- Willing to become CVIP certified after reaching journeyperson status
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work in harmony with others
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 kgs or 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk around floor and exterior yard area (long periods standing / walking).
- Must have the mobility to easily access and egress trucks and equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work various shifts, possibly including weekends.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime when required.
Inland is an industry-leader in heavy truck & equipment sales, service and parts. Founded in 1949, we have 23 locations in North America and employ over 1,200 people. We offer competitive wages and an attractive benefits package. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: September 15, 2016
Closes:November 14, 2016