UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD.
We believe in doing good for our customers and for ourselves. Whether it's launching the most anticipated model of the year or purchasing a vehicle for your next adventure, great people and relationships are at every turn with OpenRoad.
We are proud of our forward-thinking culture developed over 40 years of continuous improvement initiatives. OpenRoad is one of the largest and fastest growing automotive retail groups in the country (representing 20 automotive brands across 25 locations) with a shared vision to become the national automotive leader in customer experience. As one of Canada'sBest EmployersandBest Managed Companies, we are looking for team players who are excited to continually learn, work hard, and take ownership of their role.
If you love the idea of joining an organization with unlimited possibilities to accelerate your career, then apply to OpenRoad and grow with us today!
OpenRoad Auto Group is currently seeking to expand our team with a Full-time Apprentice Technician2, 3,or 4 at OpenRoad Toyota Peace Arch .
A Career at OpenRoad Means You'll Enjoy:
- Many opportunities for internal growth
- Discounted vehicle purchase program
- Associate perks program
- Company social events
- And more!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all lubrication services for all customer vehicles.
- Insert grease into units, such as springs, steering knuckles, and universal joints.
- Lubricate moving parts of vehicles with specified lubricants in a timely, thorough, and professional manner.
- Perform assigned vehicle lubrication to the standards of the manufacturer and dealership specifications.
- While lubricating the vehicles, perform thorough check of customers' vehicles, and refer all needed maintenance and repairs to Service Advisor.
- Maintain and operate all lubrication equipment.
- Checking and filling various fluids, including draining oil and replacing oil filters.
- Inflating tires.
- Checking and replacing various filters.
- Replace and or patch tires and balance.
- Keep work area clean, free of clutter, and presentable in appearance.
- Perform vehicle wash and vacuum as required.
- Must follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
- OpenRoad reserves the right to modify this job description as business needs require.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance.
- Desire to work hard and eventually become a licensed technician.
- Valid British Columbia driver's license and good driving record.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience as technician apprentice in an automotive dealership.
- Excellentjudgementin execution of tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities as required.
- Ability to work and function as part of our team, with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in an active, social atmosphere without being distracted.
- Ability to communicate customers' interests, needs and requests to management and the parts team
Internal Candidates MUST apply by filling out the Internal Endorsement Form on the Intranet. Failure to complete the form will cause a delay in your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Operations and Logistics Maintenance and Technicians