West Frasers Quesnel River Pulp division has an opportunity for an:3rd & 4th year Instrumentation Mechanics
Reporting to the E&I Maintenance Supervisor, the Industrial Instrumentation and Process Control Technician will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort, through daily use of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team, you will be responsible for working safely within the pulp mill.The successful candidate will have proven experience in many of the following:
- Delta V DCS
- Modicon Quantum PLC
- Ethernet Networks
- Instrumentation Construction
- Instrumentation Maintenance
- Masoneilan, Fisher Valves
- Rosemount, Vega and E&H Transmitters
- Numatic, Asco solenoids.
- Pressure, Temperature and level switches.
- Brightness, conductivity, pH, air dry, and consistency analyzers.
- Nuclear level devices.
Instrumentation Technicians without dual certification may have the opportunity to enter a company sponsored program leading to dual trade certification. Attention to safety and efficiency. Valid BC driver’s license would be an asset.Our ideal candidate would have:
About Quesnel River Pulp:
- Completion of 3rd and 4th year Apprenticeship OR 2-year instrumentation Diploma
- Experience in either a pulp mill or heavy industrial setting is preferred
- Knowledge of computer software and applications, with a preference given to a candidate with Maximo, MS Excel, AutoCAD and Word.
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills
- The ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- The desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser values of integrity, humility, teamwork, frugality, innovation, competitiveness, and respect
Quesnel River Pulp, using a high yield mechanical pulping process, produces 1100 tonnes per day of thermo-mechanical and bleached thermo-mechanical pulp. We take pride in our safety record, our effluent treatment system, the quality of our final product, and the cleanliness of our mill. We constantly strive to be an industry leader.
QRP offers a comprehensive relocation package
to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming communityAbout West Fraser:
West Fraser is a leading forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE, and recognized for the eighth time, as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.Apply now
at www.westfraser.com/jobs and discover more about our current opportunities!
Internal Applicants click here https://t11.ultipro.ca
Discover more about West Fraser’s current initiatives, opportunities, and more, by visiting us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians