Reference ID: 798514
Do you want to join a team that is tasked to protect the most trusted place on earth? Are you interested in using Machine Learning and Statistical techniques to keep Amazon the safest place to shop online? Are you excited by the prospect of analyzing and modeling terabytes of data and create state-of-art algorithms to solve real world problems? Do you like to own end-to-end business problems/metrics and directly impact the profitability of the company? Do you like to innovate and simplify? If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the Amazon Customer Trust and Partner Support(CTPS) group. We are looking for an Applied Scientist that can help identify and prevent abuse, hence preventing any listing that can harm Customer trust. You will also be responsible for ensuring the world's most recognized Brands using Amazon are successfully listing and selling their products.
• Use machine learning techniques to create scalable brand protection and catalog risk management systems
• Analyzing and understanding large amounts of Amazon's listings and catalog data for specific instances of risk or broader risk trends
• Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models
• Working closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
• Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
• Tracking general business activity and providing clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
• Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
• A MS in CS Machine Learning, Statistics, Operational research or in a highly quantitative field
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and large data analysis
• Experience with modeling tools such as R, scikit-learn, MxNet, Tensorflow, numpy, scipy etc.
• Communication and data presentation skills
• Strong problem solving ability
• A PhD in CS, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operational research
• 4+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
• Experience with large scale distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark etc.
• Good skills with SQL and a scripting language such as Python
• Fluent in a modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, or Scala
Posted: May 16, 2019
Closes: July 15, 2019