Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job location: 595 Burrard Street, 12th floor, Vancouver, British Columbia, V7X 1L4
Salary range: $133,900- $223,500/commensurable with experience.
Language requirement: English
As an Applied Scientist, you will innovate and be responsible for working across backend, client, business development, and data engineering teams to coordinate deep-dives, inform roadmaps, visualize metrics, and create predictive models to determine how we can best serve our customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for machine learning (ML) and/or natural language (NL) applications
- Develop and/or apply statistical modeling techniques (e.g. Bayesian models and deep neural networks), optimization methods, and other ML techniques to different applications in business and engineering
- Routinely build and deploy ML models on available data
- Research and implement novel ML and statistical approaches to add value to the business
- Mentor junior engineers and scientists.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field plus 2 years of work experience in the job offered or related occupation
- Will accept Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, or related technical field plus 5 years of work experience in the job offered or related occupation
- 5 years (or 2 years if PhD) experience with machine learning technologies and rules-based systems
- 2 years of project management experience across multiple stakeholders
- 2 years of experience with the entire life-cycle (requirements definition through specification, design, coding, quality assurance, implementation, integration, launch and production support) of a shipped product or online service
- 2 years of experience producing peer reviewed research reports or publications in the field of machine learning, statistics, or data miningPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
All applicants must meet all qualifications listed above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units.
While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include: • Health Care • Savings Plans • Income Protection • Paid Time Off • Signing Bonuses • Employee Stock Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation