Polaris Motion is a growing technology company with roots going back to 1994. We have clients in advanced manufacturing all over the world, and our headquarters is in Victoria B.C.
Our market areas include ultra-fast, laser-based machining, 3D metal printing, ultra precision optics, and automotive and aerospace hardware-in-the loop test systems. Our activities are wide ranging, including digital and analog electronics, power electronics, embedded software, user interface software, real-time systems and networks, laser optics, machine vision, and mechanical design. We've developed unique industry leading motion control technologies and we continue to push the performance envelope. It's due to our talented staff of engineers, scientists and software developers that we've been able to beat our competitors in many high-end design-ins.
Our company values are commitment, integrity, truth, and respect (CITR)
. We promote a culture that is innovative, creative, and competitive; one that fosters a climate of high team spirit, fun and accomplishment; and one that promotes personal growth and development. We strive to empower our employees to achieve their full potential. Job Summary
The new position is full time and continuing. We are seeking an individual who will be part of the UX/UI software development team, and will be developing easy-to-use software for motion control systems and for advanced manufacturing. Responsibilities
- Work with a cross functional team of software developers, engineers and scientists to further the state-of-the-art of our products.
- Research new technologies and methods and suggest new ways to improve the company's products and processes.
- Support your developed works with documentation and communications to internal and external customers.
- Participate in peer review of designs; provide and receive critique in an effective manner.
- Manage multiple priorities and task simultaneously.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Computer science or engineering or physics or other applied science background
- Windows operating system
- Proficient C# required
- Experience with C++, Python, Rust, and other languages a bonus
How to Apply
- Graphics pipelines for real-time rendering
- Network communication, remote procedure calls, and event handling
- Client-server architecture
- Concurrency, object-oriented programming, and design patterns
- Unit, regression, and continuous integration testing
- Git version control system
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
with subject line "Applications Software Developer" Other Info
Polaris Motion is in Victoria, B.C. on beautiful Vancouver Island. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive extended health package. If you are self motivated and enjoy working in a professional environment with a bright and talented team of product developers, you've found the right place. We'd love to hear from you. Images Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level
Software and Programming