Applications Engineer/ Sales Engineer - Marine Industry
Our client a well established boat manufacturer is looking for a Applications Engineer/ Sales Engineering to build their luxury boat division. If you love being on, in or anywhere near the water this may be the role for you! Do you thrive on connecting with people, learning about them and building relatioships? They are coveting an experienced technical sales professional to build relationships. This role does require that you have a significant mechanical aptitude.
- Position type: Permanent/full time
- Salary: According to qualifications and experience
- Competitive package: 3 weeks paid holidays, Employer RRSP contributions, Health benefits, etc.
- Location: Greater Vancouver Region,
- Reports to: Sales Director
An exciting position has come up for a Technical Projects & Sales Manager to join a worldwide leading manufacturer in specialized boats. Our client is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to develop its luxury boat segment. This position requires both technical and sales aptitudes. It’s a great opportunity for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to develop a whole business unit.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, managing, and guiding sales activities. Planning and being responsible for achieving overall sales objectives worldwide
- Participating in boat shows in order to develop sales activities and attract new customers while targeting the luxury boat industry
- Creating a worldwide pricing list, and providing customers with specific quotes
- Maintaining sales records
- Acting as a liaison with field representatives and dealers
- Organizing customer visits to the manufacturing site
- Organizing First Article Testing (FAT) with customers
- Ensuring after sales technical support to customers, field representatives, and dealers
- Managing warranty issues
- Maintaining technical specifications
- Technical interface with the Engineering department
- Interface with the Purchasing department
- Part-time direct interface with suppliers to ensure avoidance of technical and supply issues
- Participating in ongoing product evolution and development
- Assisting operations teams during customer visits and sea-trials
- Maintaining, animating, and developing the internet website in liaison with a web development team
- Maintaining and developing a photographs database in order to showcase specialized vessels on website and to customers
Qualifications and requirements:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (preferred) or boat design
- At least 2 years of experience in Marketing or Sales
- Minimum 5 years in Project Management
- Proficient with CAD/Solidworks
- Valid car driver’s license
- Small vessel operations license (optional)
- Power Squadron certification (optional)
This challenging position would suit a well-organized and self-motivated candidate with outstanding oral & written communication skills. We are looking for a quick learner and versatile individual with a strong ability to deal effectively with clients, management, sales and technical staff. The ideal candidate is an outgoing and capable leader, able to work independently, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for boats.
The selected candidate will be trained internally to our clients’ methods and procedures.
Posted: September 5, 2016
Closes:November 4, 2016