Position Summary APPLICATIONS ASSISTANT Job ID: 4005 REGULAR FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** APPLICATIONS ASSISTANT POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Supervisor, Applicant Services, the Applications Assistant works in partnership with the housing sector and community agencies to ensure that those in need of affordable housing are able to access a range of options for assistance with housing. He/She/They provides direct customer service and support in the daily operations of the department's programs and service delivery. The incumbent works cooperatively in a team environment and is knowledgeable in all Applicant Services' program areas and is assigned work as required based on changing business needs and priorities. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma plus post-secondary courses in office systems and procedures, business administration, orcustomer service.
- Minimum three years' experience in an office environment, with at least one year of experience providing detailed information to the public. Prior experience providing direct customer service to the public in a contact centre or comparable environment is an asset.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Sound knowledge of affordable housing programs and housing clientele.
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures and systems.
- Working knowledge of government and community agencies and the services they provide.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and ability to manoeuvre between applications with ease.
- Solid command of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to demonstrate patience and respect and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with upset, angry or abusive clients with diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to maintain quality standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, the public, and housing providers.
- Ability to apply legislation, regulations, operating agreements and other information sources for the purpose of assessing and explaining eligibility.
- Ability to plan, meet deadlines and adapt to critical priorities in an environment with competing priorities and a heavy and diverse workload without compromising the quality of work.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
- Ability to type minimum 40 words per minute.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.