Application Support Specialist
Reporting to the Lead, Application Support, the Application Support Specialist will provide support for a number of applications and will work with the Woodlands, Maintenance, Procurement and Finance teams across the company.
The Application Support Specialist applies excellent communication and problem-solving skills to support users in the effective use of Tolko's applications, best practices, and processes. Responsibilities include end-user support, training, documentation, change management and continuous improvement initiatives. This position is primarily based in the office but could require domestic travel up to 20% of the time.
Essential to this role is the ability to work with the business and vendors to ensure changes are well defined and appropriately implemented using change and release management.
- Minimum of three years of experience supporting financial and/or forestry Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of Forest Ops, Log Inventory, and Forestry Information Management Systems considered an asset
- Knowledge of JD Edwards Maintenance, Finance, and Procurement modules considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience providing training and online technical support to multiple users required
- Good knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops, servers and mobile devices
- Familiarity with the principles of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Enjoys being creative and innovative, with the drive to Improve Business Systems and Technology
- Care for yourself and your family with competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- Work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Live where you work
- Work at a company where safety is a core value
- Be part of a sustainable and environmentally responsible company How to Apply
Build your career with us and apply today!
When you join Tolko, you are signing on with an industry leader in world markets that has built success through three generations with over 3000 employees and growing. Our structure and culture encourage innovation, growth, and change in an open environment. To explore current career opportunities and become a part of our community, apply online today via http://www.tolko.com.
Applications will be accepted until October 2, 2016.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Posted: September 19, 2016
Closes:November 18, 2016