As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city-and their careers-forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey. Employment Status
Union - CUPE Local 402 - Project (Up to a 2 Year Term) Scope
To support the City's Data Driven Decision Making program (D3M), we are seeking an Application Analyst 3 with a focus on Business Intelligence development. This role is ideal for a senior technical person who participates in the design, development, and maintenance of our enterprise BI platform. Responsibilities
Under general direction, the successful candidate:
• Performs analysis, design, development, implementation, documentation and maintenance of custom software applications for both new and existing business and technical information systems. Qualifications
• Collaborates with stakeholders and IT management, studying data flow, recommending best tool sets, and work processes.
• Is involved with all technical activities within the team - estimating, planning, code reviews, testing, research, deployments and document creation.
• Works as part of project teams to lead the successful delivery of IT solutions that meet client and business requirements and are aligned with both enterprise architecture and City goals.
• Remains in touch with technology developments relevant to current and future initiatives and development work.
• Provides troubleshooting assistance and end-user support to our clients.
• Communicates on open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management.
• Works exceptionally well in a team setting supporting our collaborative work environment.
• Is responsible for more complex and specialized assignments as well as leadership responsibilities.
• Degree in a related field from a recognized institution plus four years related experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Related experience includes:
• Strong experience working with Power BI, building reports, data flows and dashboards. • Experience with Azure Data Factory, Synapse, Data Bricks, Data Warehouse. • Experience using ETL tools such as FME to extract data from multiple enterprise applications and data sources. • Experience with Oracle databases and other query languages (PL/SQL, SQL, others). • Experience with Python and Scala programming languages. • Proven experience crafting reports, presentations and interpretations. • Experience with machine learning is considered an asset. • Completion of a Police Information Check. Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications. Closing Date
This job will be posted until filled. Our Values Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community