APPLICATION ANALYST 2 - ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS (Regular Full-Time) SCOPE
Reporting to the IT Business Applications Manager the Application Analyst 2 is responsible for designing and configuring business information systems to meet clients' business needsRESPONSIBILITIES
Under general supervision, the successful candidate:
- performs analysis, design, development, implementation, creates documentation and maintains commercial off-the- shelf (COTS) and custom software applications used by the City's business areas.
- engages in research and fact-finding to assist in formulating and defining the scope and objectives of business systems within the city.
- considers the implications of applying information technology to clients' current business environment.
- provides troubleshooting assistance and end-user support to our client.
- communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- works exceptionally well in a team setting supporting our collaborative work environment.
- makes recommendations to managers and peers for operational improvements.
Related experience includes:
- Degree in a related field from a recognized institution plus two years related experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicants under consideration will be required to provide proof of qualifications and consent to an Police Information Check.
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Direct experience designing, coding and modifying SOAP and REST API's.
- Experience developing database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience in ETL techniques and analysis and reporting including hands on experience with reporting tools such as Cognos.
- Strong programming experience in Oracle PL/SQL and MSSQL.
- Experience with ERP software within the municipal space (such as permitting and land development, financial management, licensing, public asset & work management), and a working knowledge of service delivery in an ITIL environment are considered assets.
- Completion of a Police Information Check.