family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh
and Blush Lane
markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it's our great people that make it fun to come to work every day. SPUD.CA
is looking for a full-time, permanent AP/AR Clerk
based out of our Vancouver, BC
head office (1660 E Hastings Street). Note- this position will be moving in the next month to our new head office located at #105 5566 Trapp Avenue, Burnaby.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Invoice entry - high volume of vendors and invoices
- Verify, process and 3-way matching vendor invoices
- Assign appropriate general ledger accounts and department codes
- Prepare and process weekly cheque runs and credit card payments.
- Communicates with vendors daily, troubleshooting any invoice issues
- Monthly AP closing duties
- Assist the Finance team during annual audits and quarterly reviews by external auditors.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as required.
- Process cheques and apply payments; process refunds
- Generate Aging Reports, and follow up on delinquent accounts
- Credit management, and send delinquent accounts to 3rd party collections
- Respond to inquiries from customers/ Customer Care team
Qualifications & Requirements
- Completion or current enrollment in an accounting diploma program or equivalent
- Experience in using accounting software or ERP system is an asset
- Hands on experience in a high volume accounts payable environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Highly adaptable and work well under pressure
- Organized, accurate, and superb attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office - particularly Excel
- An hourly wage based on experience
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca
- Extended Health Care Benefits (effective the first of the month after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more!