At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
We're looking for an Announcer ! What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Host, operate and produce weekday live show with co-host
- Prepare on-brand, entertaining and demographic appropriate content for on-air and online
- Manage social media platforms while on-air
- Be knowledgeable of world events as they relate to the station audience
- Voice track or cover other shifts as necessary
- Perform commercial narration for production purposes as required
- Other duties as assigned
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Proven on-air experience and ability to entertain an audience
- Excellent social media skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for engaging with the local audience (including in person, on the phone, in social media, etc.)
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in all settings
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and a sense of humour
- Familiarity with WideOrbit, MusicMaster, VOXPRO and Adobe Audio is an asset
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
31935 South Fraser Way (120), Abbotsford, BC Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & On-Air Talent Requisition ID:
216862 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Media
Find similar jobs: