Plenty of Fish (POF) is looking for a talented, well rounded Android Expert with proven technical leadership experience who takes ownership of solving complex problems and strives for excellence in building complex yet delightful Android apps. So, what will you do?
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Provide technical leadership to a group of talented and experienced Android developers.
- Work alongside other developers to help architect, build and iterate on major components and new product features for POF Android App used by millions of users around the globe every day.
- Work in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment and share your expertise to help solve complex problems at a large scale.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and collaborate with other team members to resolve them.
- Partner closely with design, product and engineering management to continuously improve our Android application.
- Work in a data-driven environment implementing AB tests and working with analytical application data.
- Own the code base powering one of the top social applications on Google Play.
- Mentor other Android developers and help them enhance their software development knowledge.
- You have a BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- 5+ years of professional development experience on Android.
- In-depth experience in building and shipping complex Android applications using Java
- Kotlin experience (our app is written in Java but we want to build new features in Kotlin)
- Proven technical leadership experience, you have previously lead a technical team or lead complex projects to completion.
- You have a strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles, design patterns, multi-threading, and networking.
- In-depth knowledge of debugging, profiling and optimizing Android Apps for performance.
- You write clean, maintainable and testable code. You set and maintain high standards of code quality.
- Experience of building apps consuming REST APIs.
- You pay great attention to detail but never lose sight of the big picture and company objectives.
- You can multitask, manage competing priorities and are comfortable with change.
- You love to learn and are always up to date with changes to Android OS, SDK and Ecosystem.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building REST APIs, and knowledge of Microservices.
- Experience in social networking, dating, or other subscription-based business is a plus.
At POF, our vision is to create the most dates for our 150M+ users around the world.
We’re one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.
Software and Programming