Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Have many careers in one Firm.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do itInterested in joining a team that will help you develop and hone your skills, expand your network and be a key member in the growth of a firm? Check out the opportunity below!What will your typical day look like?
As an Analyst in our practice, you will:
About the team
- Serve clients and/or support local office teams around the country, as the opportunity arises
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
Deloitte's Public Sector Accounting, Finance, and Transaction Advisory practice aims to provide public sector organizations with confidence in financial information used for decision-making and communications by:
i) Providing complex accounting and transaction expertise and accounting standards implementation services; and
ii) Providing finance operating model assessments, finance process mapping / redesign, "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and CFO / finance effectiveness workshops.
Our practice objective is to enable finance functions to be successful and enhance the value that finance functions can bring to their organizations.
We are looking for professionals who have experience in working for or in public sector organizations, or who are passionate about advising public sector clients. We are looking for candidates that are interested to become more conversant in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations and Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS). Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- A Bachelor's degree in relevant fields such as Business, Accounting, and Finance
- Working towards starting the CPA designation
- Passion for public sector organizations
- Proven ability to quickly acquire new concepts and skills, such as project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations
- Capacity to think critically and strategically (i.e. options available, pros / cons of different options, and proposed solution) and aptitude in researching better practices and interpretive guidance
- Understanding of project management discipline and structure
- Operational ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done"
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Broad advisory skillsets (ability to help client explore issues / opportunities)
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in French is an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production