Co-op/Intern Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Vancouver; Montreal; Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters. A career in Financial Engineering & Modelling, Financial Advisory will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in Financial Modelling, Valuation and GIPS related fields.What will your typical day look like?
Well that is the fun part - it depends. As an Analyst Intern, you will have the opportunity to work across the full range of VCS services. That said, if you asked one of our current Analysts about the types of things they have actually done over the past year or so, they would probably include things like:
About the team
- Work on client engagement teams executing VCS advisory services, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for turnarounds and/or M&A transactions
- Conduct detailed research and analysis of client, industry and market performance and develop practical strategies and action plans, including supporting financial analysis / models and implementation plans
- Assist with the assessment and configuration of a client's target operating model, and the identification of synergies and key value drivers
- Prepare assigned sections of client reports and other deliverables, and occasionally participate in their presentation to client executives
- Have fun and so much more!
Our team specializes in cross-functional and cross-industry advisory in high-urgency timeframes. Our main areas of focus are:
- Transition Management and Rapid Assessment:
- M&A Execution: Working with clients pre- and post-signing to design, plan and execute post-merger integration programs that help maximize the deal value, minimize Day 1 disruptions and accelerate & de-risk deal closing.
- Enterprise Profitability: Helping clients with rapid revenue and market growth initiatives; cost reduction; working capital optimization; and business model transitions, transformations and modernization.
- Due Diligence: Operational, IT and Commercial due diligence to help clients drive informed bids, frame out risk
Permanent Analysts within Financial Advisory join our two-year Quick Start development program. Through Quick Start, analysts receive up-front training covering key topics from across our Financial Advisory practice, including advisory and technical skills, quality/risk processes, engagement lifecycle, and project management principles. Once the training is complete, our analysts are deployed on client engagements, proposals, and strategic initiatives. A CPA stream is available for analysts who need to obtain working hours for their designation.
The objective of our Quick Start program is to provide analysts with exposure to a broad range of engagements, projects, and initiatives from across all service lines within our Financial Advisory practice. By developing core skills across multiple dimensions, the program aims to assist our analysts in building their careers as future advisors and agile leaders. Enough about us, let's talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
Our shared values
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma
- Interested in problem solving, project management and interpersonal skills and ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Familiar with the M&A lifecycle at an operational level and events (e.g. restructuring, business transformation or turnaround, etc.)
- The ability to contribute to the production of high quality reports outlining key project issues, data analysis and recommendations through effective and visual PowerPoint reports (including logical structuring and storyboarding skills)
- Capable of making detailed assessments of technology, operations or back office functions
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm. They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Applynow! Deadlines to apply: 1)Montreal: October 20, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production