Analyst, EBI Data and Reporting (Full Time, Permanent)
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Enterprise Business Intelligence Overview
Joining the Social Purpose team at BCLC means you'll be working with a dedicated group of talented professionals in Communications, Community & Stakeholder Engagement, Public Affairs, Player Health, Customer Support Operations, Business Intelligence, Marketing, CRM and Loyalty and Player Experience. As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual profit , BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of a bigger picture. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated.
At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours, transactions and relationships - in the most important sense of life, livelihood, meaning, and well-being - nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead.
Social Purpose is the driving force of our business, our opportunity to create a better world through innovation, engagement, and connection. BCLC aims to provide something unique that not only fills a need, but provides value to the province. Join the team responsible for telling our story, building stakeholder relationships, connecting with communities, and achieving our strategic vision for player-centred sustainable growth. Job Summary:
The Analyst, EBI Data and Reporting performs analytical work to support the development, implementation and maintenance of business intelligence and reporting solutions to grow business intelligence capabilities. As a specialist in business intelligence, is a consultative partner to both internal and external stakeholders, providing education and recommendations for improvement, and for bringing new concepts and methods to the analytics team. Supports adoption and implementation of the best practices in the data and reporting practice area. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Closely collaborates with Analytics Execution specialist to understand detailed BI needs and develop solutions that are supporting integrity of the reporting data. Supports Client Management and Analytics Execution teams by providing feedback and sign off on requirements
- Develops data and reporting functionality, including reports and dashboards, based on requirements. Responsible for unit, integration and regression testing.
- Designs, develops and executes queries to access and expose data layers to be used in providing business insights.
- Analyzes data and provides verbal and/or written recommendations to Senior Client Insights Partners that are used when compiling insights to be presented to client. Identifies new insights as well as new technical capabilities and shares with Client Management team.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Data Warehouse team and other members of the BCLC's Business Technology teams to support integrated data solutions.
- Maintains an oversight of the overall model suite to ensure consistency, accuracy and repeatability. Collaborates with Analytics Execution Specialist in creating logical data models and physical data models for new solution development in support of the business needs. Ensures data models are fully documented and appropriate data dictionaries are created.
- Performs user access management for newly developed reporting functionality and/or applications, or initiates and coordinates user access management with other BCLC technical teams. Performs technical maintenance and upgrades to applicable tools.
- Continuously researches and learns about new technologies and data and reporting best practices (where best practices may include industry, general business or BCLC business acumen) and provides feedback to the rest of the team, EBI Director and Managers in order to influence departments' strategic initiatives.
Education and Experience
- A degree in a business discipline such as Business Analytics, Information Technology, Marketing, Business Analysis or Statistics;
- 3-5 years of related experience in leading the development of business intelligence solutions within a SQL based or SAS solution within a cross functional team, including a minimum of 3 years proven technical experience working within a complex business environment with the demonstrated ability to analyze business situations and develop innovative solutions to complex situations.
- Experience with the following: developing end-to-end analysis with limited guidance; data intelligence best practices; including disparate data source integration techniques, segmentation, core KPI development, promotion/campaign ROI analysis and post analysis; data analysis and designing reporting solutions including (but not limited to) dashboards, portals, and report objects; web analytics, including but not limited to java script tagging, web dashboard creation and conversion funnel analysis;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Knowledge in the areas of business analysis, business intelligence reporting, web/digital analytics and/or database marketing;
- Understanding of data mining and database query tools.
- Familiarity with contact history management/strategies, customer lifecycle and privacy requirements;
- Understanding of statistical analytics including the use of statistical software, the gathering of data and analysis to support predictive model generation;
- Clear communication skills to explain complex information in an effective manner. Demonstrates strong presentation and data visualization skills; ability to convey complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act on own initiative, exercise sound judgment and prioritize tasks with the experience and confidence to know when to ask for support;
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.