Permanent Reference code
: 116904 Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Vancouver, BCOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
--The Vancouver Assurance practice is rapidly expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
As an Analyst in the Assurance group you will:
About the team
- Participate in accounting diagnostics to assess the effectiveness of the finance function
- Develop technical accounting positions for non-routine transactions
- Participate in current state findings workshops, and stakeholder interviews, in order to understand and document key financial processes (i.e. procure to pay, financial close, reporting, etc.)
- Understand and document company accounting system requirements and identify automation opportunities
- Develop opportunities for improvement and recommendations for clients to improve their financial reporting cycle
- Develop and lead communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally
Our Assurance practice is composed of the Accounting Operations Advisory and Accounting & Reporting Advisory practitioners that work with CFOs and their Finance teams to enhance the value of the finance function. As an Analyst, you will get experience working with both groups to gain unique and broad experiences.
Our Accounting Operations Advisory team applies deep accounting and operations expertise to better the financial reporting cycle for our clients. Our core services involve the betterment of financial reporting through conducting accounting diagnostics around policies/procedures, internal financial controls, accounting systems, talent and technical accounting.
Our Accounting & Reporting Advisory team focuses on researching and developing technical accounting solutions, assisting with the adoption of new standards, as well as providing an accounting perspective for other advisory engagements.
We are looking for professionals who are looking to join a high-performing and growing team who will contribute with strong problem-solving skills, a breadth of knowledge with respect to the technical and operational financial reporting, and strong inter-personal skills.Enough about us, let's talk about you
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.Be yourself, and more.
- Working towards completing, or finished, the CPA designation
- Possess strong technical skills (e.g. GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of ASPE, IFRS, PSAS or US GAAP
- Approaching engagements with a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options)
- Operational (ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done")
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Project management discipline and structure
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities)
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities. The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Accounting, Equity, Project Manager, CPA, Developer, Finance, Technology
Apply now "
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance