When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
The AML Analyst 1 is responsible for the timely and accurate filing of prescribed AML transactions (Large Cash Transaction Alerts/Reports, Electronic Funds Transfer Alerts/Reports, potential watch list matches) to Fintrac on behalf of participating credit unions. The incumbent must demonstrate accuracy and timeliness in processing large volumes of fairly repetitive work.
• Ensure timely and accurate filing of prescribed AML transactions to Fintrac using Navaera or Verafin on behalf of participating credit unions. Demonstrate accuracy in processing information (Large Cash Transaction Alerts/Reports, and Electronic Funds Transfer Alerts/Reports, potential watch list matches)
• Identify unusual activities and behaviors across multiple products, referring all transactions that may relate to money laundering or terrorist financing for further investigation or reporting as outlined in documented processes and protocols.
• Assist and support participating Credit Unions with money laundering related enquiries.
• Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including Central 1’s policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, AML terminology.
• Ensure adherence to our code of Business Conduct and Ethics, including individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities
• Supports AML Analyst 2 and Manager AML Services as required.
• Ensures a positive work environment and awareness by all staff of company goals and objectives and creates an environment oriented towards trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
• Develops and leads change management initiatives and acts as a positive change agent to continually improve operations and results
• Identifies, researches, facilitates and promotes business opportunities to ensure Central 1 increases its presence in the marketplace.
• Contributes to a positive work environment oriented towards trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
• Acts as a positive change agent to continually improve operations and results
• Assists in identifying, researching, facilitating and promoting business opportunities to ensure Central 1 increases its presence in the marketplace.
A minimum of 2 years’ post-secondary education in a related field or at least one years’ work experience in auditing, data entry, criminology field or investigations.
• Experience with anti-money laundering applications such as Verafin or Navaera is required.
• Certification from a reputable association such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) or the willingness to obtain is an asset.
• Proficiency in computer skills and automated office systems (Word/Excel) is required.
• Proven customer service skills are needed.
• Strong command of the English language with clear, concise, oral and written communication skills needed.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
• Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy is essential.
• Ability to multi task and handle several conflicting priorities simultaneously compounded by strict timing deadlines.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for a disability-related accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: Manager, AML Services
Date Posted: September 21, 2017
Internal Applicants must apply by: September 28, 2017
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*
**If you have issues or questions about the application process, please
email humanresources @central1.com with a description of your problem**
Connect with employer:
About Central 1 Credit Union
When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for f...